The Australian Government is inviting submissions and comments on the:
- Data Availability and Transparency Bill exposure draft and Explanatory Memorandum
- Data Availability and Transparency (Consequential Amendments) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Data Availability and Transparency Regulations and Explanatory Statement
- Accreditation Framework Discussion Paper.
Let us know what you think about the data reforms. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Electronic submissions are preferred, using this form.
Submissions are open from 14 September 2020 to 5:00pm (AEDT) 6 November 2020. Please note that extensions will not be granted.
The Office of the National Data Commissioner (ONDC), based in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (the Department), is collecting submissions for the purpose of refining the legislative package for the Data Availability and Transparency framework.
Providing personal information in your submission is voluntary.
You can choose whether you would like your submission published, including with or without your name. If you are an individual we will not publish your contact details.
If you choose not to provide personal information where requested in this form, we may not be able to communicate with you about your submission or send you updates on the consultation process.
Information you provide in your submission, including personal information, may be disclosed to the Australian Government and third parties who provide services to the ONDC, for the purposes of informing the work of the ONDC, including to contact you about your submission. We will only disclose your personal information for a different purpose with your consent, or where we are authorised or permitted to do so under the Privacy Act 1988.
Consent to publish
If you consent to publication of your submission, you can choose whether your name is also published or whether you prefer for your submission to remain anonymous.
If you agree to the publication of your submission, you also agree that the ONDC, the Department and other Australian Government departments and agencies may:
- use all or any part of your submission (subject to your preferences about whether your name is identified or anonymous) in printed Government publications, on social media and/or on the internet; and
- share all or any part of your submission (subject to your preferences about whether your name is identified or anonymous) with other Australian Government departments and agencies and State/Territory departments and allow them to use all or any part of your submission in printed publications, on social media and/or on the internet..
Submissions may be redacted to remove defamatory or sensitive material. The Department reserves the right not to publish all or part of a submission. Contact us for more information.