The Office of the National Data Commissioner has released the Best Practice Guide to Applying Data Sharing Principles.
The guidelines outline Data Sharing Principles and provide a common operating model within the public service to help with consistent and shared practices for data management.
The 5 Data Sharing Principles are:
- Project - the purpose for sharing data.
- Data - the level of detail in the data.
- Settings - the environment in which the data will be used.
- People - who is accessing the data.
- Outputs - what results can be made public.
The Sharing Data Safely package includes a brochure and video that explains how the government uses and manages public sector data.
Sharing data safely video